Friday, August 12, 2016

Makan Restaurant @ Itaewon

ITAEWON: halal food haven REALLY but we wanted korean food so the popular halal Korean food are really a long long way inside so it was a long walk yup
The first time we tried food from Itaewon was from Makan restaurant; we went to this restaurant cuz many others were closed cuz it was close to the end of fasting month :(
It's quite a walk though, but you'll pass by this when you walk to EID, and I'll post the link of the directions to EID restaurant when I talk about it!!
 Entrance
Entrance~
 Ginseng Chicken (12,000 won)
I was really excited for this and was sorely disappointed because of my high expectations :( 
The last time I had this was when I came to Korea when I was 17 and I think I had the most popular ginseng chicken in Korea? It's not halal so ya hahah didn't have it this time round and I think I set my hopes a lil too high HAHAH but it didn't have ginseng taste at all~~
Beef Bulgogi (Something between 8,000-10,000 won)
It was... normal, not spectacular either but less disappointing than my ginseng chicken in my opinion BUT that's cuz of my high expectations la so if you'll be there for long then just try it, no harm right :-)

The side dishes were really Singaporean though idk HAHA 
I think i was so so disappointed cuz it was raining like mad and you gotta walk uphill at itaewon so I was hoping to be rewarded for my efforts HAHA but it's really my individual opinion so if you're there for a few months JUST TRY IT it's korean halal food which is pretty hard to come by already hahaha

Oh yaaaaaaaaaaa can visit Have Halal Will Travel's page (http://www.havehalalwilltravel.com/blog/7-halal-korean-restaurants-in-korea-you-must-visit-at-least-once/) for the list of korean halal food!!! it's quite useful for me hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment