Monday, August 15, 2016

EID Restaurant @ Itaewon

 EID Restaurant has been reviewed by several food blogs and they were all positive reviews, so I was absolutely stoked to visit this eatery! Do note that there are only three options for you if you walk in, but they are glad to accommodate your requests and prepare the dish you desire for you if you call them up beforehand. 

(Credits: EID Guesthouse Facebook Page)
EID Guesthouse is located at Itaewon, also known as the halal food haven amongst Muslims. 
It's quite a long walk from the subway station but it'll be worth it (free refills of soup, banchan, tea and rice!). Do visit their facebook page for directions (with pictures), it was pretty clear! 
Address: 67, Usadan-ro 10-gil, Yongsan-gu, Seoul
Opening Hours: Tuesday to Sunday, 11:30 am – 9:00 pm

 We ordered their Jjimdak with Sweet and Sticky Sauce (12,000 won) that came with ricecakes and carrots, together with the mandatory bowl of rice. It was pretty good with the chicken chewy but not overcooked. However, I won't order this again if I were to be given a choice as they had stronger dishes. 

 I was really excited for the Samyetang (12,000 won) since my companion couldn't try the popular one in Korea. Unfortunately, the ginseng taste was not significantly pronounced and landed more of a background flavor. However, it was definitely value-for-money as the chicken was huge, maybe half a chicken or so, and I would order this over the Jjimdak as the chicken was pretty tasty here despite the weak ginseng broth.

Apart from the free banchan, they also offered free tea that was absolutely yummy and sweet. No idea what tea it was since it's their homemade recipe but it was really good.

The last dish we ordered was the beef bulgogi (10,000 won) which I forgot to take a picture of. It was sweet, not spicy at all and definitely marinated well. It's also served with my favourite mushrooms, so my review might be biased but this was definitely my favourite dish of the day-- not to mention the cheapest! It was also my companion's favourite dish of the day so you should really give it a try if you go there!


No comments:

Post a Comment